Last updated on December 15th, 2023 at 04:37 pm
Some say Tape Up Haircuts are basically fades but they’re wrong! First of all, the tape up was originally a form of taper fade worn in the 2000s by African Americans (mostly), then moved on to be a basic New Yorker style.
Then the tape up evolved from tapers to mean a taper or a fade that’s pointing up in a diagonal line across the temple. Do we have a basis for this? The countless hours of research we spent looking at photos of what people on the internet call a “tape up.” So hear you have it – we’ve put together the most defining styles for the cut!
1. Platinum Hair with Skin Fade Tape Up
2. Shape Up Spikes with Tape Up High Fade Haircuts
3. Pretty Boy Pompadour and Tape Up Fade
4. Spiky Fade with Tape Up Haircuts
5. Textured Forward Swept Short Pomp with Tape Up
6. Textured Classic Haircut with Tape Up Haircuts
7. Large Spikes Fringe with Short Sides and Tape Up Haircuts
8. Dapper Diagonal Part with Tape Up
9. Dapper Spikes with Tape Up and Stubble Haircuts
10. Forward Swept Spikes with Tape Up Fade Haircuts and Short Beard
11. Spikes with Low Tape Up and Beard
12. Hard Part Fade with Tape Up and Gelled Short Hair
13. Spiked Top with Tape Up Haircuts and Stubble
14. French Crop with Tape Up Classic Look
15. Messy French Crop with Tape Up Fade Haircuts
16. Textured Short Waves with High Fade and Tape Up
17. Wavy Shape Up with Delicate Tape Up Fade
18. Undercut Side Comb with Tape Up Fade on One Side
19. Slicked Back Part with Hard Fade and Tape Up
20. Curly Hair with Slight Widow’s Peak and Fade
21. Long Spiky Hair with Tape Up
22. Short Hair Shaped Up in the Front Plus Tape Up
23. Textured Symmetrical Pomp with Tape Up
24. Short Hair Tape Up with Short Beard
25. Messy French Crop with Short Beard and Tape Up
26. Dapper Undercut with Tape Up and Beard
27. Hard Part Gelled Hair with Tape Up and Beard
28. Extra Spikes with Tape Up, Beard, and Wide Sideburns
29. Slicked Back Spikes with Tape Up and Fade
30. Short Spikes and Tape Up Fade Haircuts with Square Beard
Taping Up the End
Are you closer to getting what a tape up actually is? We’ve had our best shot at it – let us know in the comments or on our Pinterest what you think of the style and what you’d do to improve it!
We’re also looking forward to your own twists on this haircut that we can maybe add to our boards or even to the article!
Andy has been passionate about men’s hairstyles from a very young. He afterward pursued a profession as a hair stylist, following in his family’s footsteps. He is now working in a reputable salon in his hometown and is about to start a second bachelor’s degree. Andy is very fond of writing, and what better way to do it than by combining it with his passion? In his free time, Andy enjoys playing football, reading, and catching up on some cult classics.