The year 2019 is fast approaching and new year means new fashion, including hairstyles. If you are looking to change your cut, you are free to do so. But remember: just because a style looks cool doesn’t mean it will look good on you. Choosing a hairstyle involves choosing the one that fits your facial shape. If you are on the chubby side, you may discover that there are few options for you. So, what are good short hairstyles for round faces?
We made this list to guide guys like you with round faces to pick the hairstyles you will like and will look good on you.
What Is a Round Face?
Before we go to the list of short hairstyles for round faces, let’s first define what a “round face” is. Round face is one of eight basic face shapes, namely:
- oval / long
- inverted triangle
- triangle / pear
How Is Face Shape Determined?
To determine which shape your face falls in, there are three key pointers:
- The widest part of the face
- The shape of the jaw
- The length of the face
The shape is determined by drawing an imaginary shape from top to bottom.
Step 1: Check the widest part of your face:
- Forehead. If your forehead is the widest, you either have an inverted triangle or heart-shaped face (difference is if you have a widow’s peak).
- Cheekbones. If it is your cheekbones, you have an oval, round, heart, or diamond-shaped face.
- Jaw. If your jaw is wider than your cheekbones and forehead, you have pear-shaped face.
- If all equal. If your forehead, cheekbones and jaw are the same, you have a rectangle or square face.
Step 2: Check the shape of your jaw:
- Round: Having chubby jaws means you have a round or oval face.
- Pointy. If your chin protrudes and you have wide cheeks and a narrow forehead, you have a diamond face.
- Pointy 2. If you have a pointy chin and wide forehead and cheeks, you have a triangle or heart-shaped face.
- Square. If you have chiseled jaws, for sure you have a square or rectangle face (depends on the length of your face).
Step 3: Check the length of your face:
- Short. If you have a short face and your features are of equal width, you have a round face.
- Long. If you have a long face and wide cheekbones, you have an oval face; otherwise if all parts are wide, you have a rectangle face.
As you can conclude, a round face means you have wide cheekbones, rounded jaws and a short face.
What to Consider in Short Hairstyles for Round Faces
Now that you know how to spot face shapes, we go to the hairstyles. The key to choosing the best haircut for round faces are:
- add volume at the top (to make the face longer)
- add “squareness” or edges around the face
- deemphasize the roundness of the cheeks and jaws